We’re Looking for an Operations Director!
September 1, 2021
The Vancouver Pride Society strives to produce inclusive, celebratory events, and advocate for LGBTQAI2S+ communities through an intersectional lens.
Job Title: Operations Director
Purpose: The Operations Director contributes to the overall success of the Vancouver Pride Society by overseeing office operations and event logistics in support of the Vancouver Pride Society, including the annual Pride Parade and over 15, year round events.
- Provide input on annual budgeting process from an operations and events logistics perspective
- Ensure event site sponsorship deliverables are coordinated
- Manage office technology including internet, phone systems and computers
- Manage office supplies and equipment ordering
- Review major suppliers annually and assist staff with supplier contracts
- Manage VPS membership platform
- Manage incident reporting and risk management plan
- Assist Board Secretary and Executive Director with policy and procedure reviews and development
- Plan and manage on site licensed areas, bar reconciliation and reporting
- Streamline existing event plans and find efficiencies
- Provide input on grant and other funding applications from an events and operations perspective
- Manage Worksafe BC reporting
- Ensure Events Staff complete at Heritage Canada reporting
- Work with Events Manager and Events Staff to create work plans and timelines
- Develop a plan and manage merchandise sales
- Directly supervise Events Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, Exhibitor Services Coordinator and Event Casual Staff
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Receivable during peak times
- Provide back up to the ED and/or Managing Director when they are on vacation or absent.
- Support Managing Director with annual audit preparation
- Provide strategic leadership to the organization as a part of a three person leadership team (Operations Director, Managing Director and Executive Director)
- 3-5 years experience in events management or not-for-profit management
- Demonstrated knowledge or professional development in decolonization and anti-oppression frameworks
- Ability to support and train new or inexperienced staff with leadership and mentorship
- Experience with accounting software and budget management
- Working knowledge of the Google drive and Microsoft suite
- Experience in creating policies, procedures and timelines
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and remain flexible within a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with community, civic, and business partners
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a high pressure environment
- A desire to take initiative, identify and act on problems and lead by example
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Class 5 Driver’s license
- Degree in Business, Finance, Management or related field
- Experience working for positive change within LGBTQAI2S+ communities
- First Aid and Serving it Right Certificates.
Accountability: The Operations Director is accountable to the Executive Director.
Hours of work: This is a one year contract position at 40 hours/week. There is potential for renewal as a permanent employee. The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Please note that the Operations Director will be required to work some evenings, weekends and overtime and is expected to be present at all VPS events.
Job Type: One year full time contract
Salary: $68,000-$72,000 plus benefits, based on experience.
Job Location: Vancouver, BC
Required experience: Non-Profit Management: 3+ years
Required license or certification: Class 5 driver’s license
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: Open until filled
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $68,000.00-$72,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Apply with the subject line “Operations Director Application.” Please email email@example.com your resume and a cover letter describing why you would be the best person for this role.
Vancouver Pride Society is committed to seeking and sustaining a diverse and inclusive organization and as such, encourages those with diverse backgrounds, abilities, genders identities and sexual orientations to apply
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.