We’re Looking for an Event Coordinator
March 9, 2022
Position Title: Event Coordinator
About Us: The Vancouver Pride Society (VPS) produces the annual Vancouver Pride Parade and Sunset Beach Festival, in addition to other annual events. VPS strives to produce inclusive, celebratory events, and advocate for 2SLGBTQAI+ communities through an intersectional lens.
Position: The Event Coordinator is a full-time contract position, intended to manage and coordinate multiple events over our 2022 Pride Season. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating event plans including production schedules, scripts for hosts, budgets, packing lists and staffing schedules with direction from the Events Manager
- Booking venues and applying for permits and licenses
- Liaising with the VPS Volunteer Coordinator, Communications Manager, Partnerships Coordinator and Managing Director to ensure seamless event production
- Booking suppliers and signage for events
- Participating in event debriefing and other season-end reporting
- Attending staff meetings and event-specific meetings
Canada Summer Jobs Program Requirements: This position is pending approval from Canada Summer Jobs. Candidates must meet the following criteria…
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- A valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Experience coordinating events
- Ability to stay calm while in high pressure situations
- Experience with Google Drive and G Suite
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with and motivate volunteers
- Familiarity with 2SLGBTQAI+ communities and associated terminology
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required
- Educational background in Event Management, Tourism, Event Planning, Hospitality or Public Relations
- Valid BC Driver’s License
Compensation: Compensation is $20.00/hour. This position is 40 hours a week, generally taking place from Mon-Fri during office hours, but requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends for events. This position runs from May 16, 2022 to August 12, 2022
Diversity: Vancouver Pride Society is committed to seeking and sustaining a diverse and inclusive organization and as such, encourages those with diverse backgrounds, abilities, genders, sexual orientations and ethnicities to apply.
Application: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to email@example.com. Please include “Event Coordinator” in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is April 1, 2022.