We’re Looking for a Volunteer Coordinator!
March 9, 2022
Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator
About Us: The Vancouver Pride Society (VPS) produces the annual Vancouver Pride Parade and Sunset Beach Festival, in addition to eight other annual events. VPS strives to produce inclusive, celebratory events, and advocate for 2SLGBTQAI+ communities through an intersectional lens.
Position: The Volunteer Coordinator is a full-time support role, intended to manage and coordinate our event and office volunteers for the 2022 Pride Season. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Recruiting volunteers for the 2022 Pride Season through new and existing channels;
- Creating detailed volunteer management plans for each event across the 2022 Pride Season;
- Being the primary point of contact for event and office volunteers day to day and on-site during events;
- Coordinating committees/working groups that may consist of volunteers, staff and community members;
- Booking venue space, creating content and facilitating volunteer training sessions;
- Ordering and managing delivery of volunteer supplies;
- Ensuring the wellbeing of volunteers while on event sites or in our office;
- Planning and implementing volunteer recognition programs after the delivery of our 2022 Pride Season
- While the successful applicant is expected to be self-motivated and independent, the VPS operates as a cohesive team and the successful applicant will be expected to collaborate with team members as necessary.
The applicant will be expected to perform duties consistent with being a Volunteer Coordinator as assigned by the Operations Director. The successful Volunteer Coordinator candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience being a volunteer and showing leadership in a community;
- Experience managing volunteers or groups;
- Comfortable speaking publicly in front of medium-large groups of people;
- Experience with Google Drive and google apps such as docs, sheets and forms
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with and motivate volunteers
- Familiarity with 2SLGBTQAI+ communities and associated terminology
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required
- Experience with volunteer management software (VPS uses Better Impact)
- Valid BC Driver’s License
Compensation: Compensation is $20.00/hour. This position is 40 hours a week, generally taking place from Mon-Fri during office hours, but requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends for events. This position runs from May 16, 2022 to August 12, 2022.
Diversity: Vancouver Pride Society is committed to seeking and sustaining a diverse and inclusive organization and as such, encourages those with diverse backgrounds, abilities, genders, sexual orientations and ethnicities to apply.
Application: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to email@example.com. Please include “Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is April 1, 2022.