We’re Looking for a Box Office Coordinator
March 9, 2022
Job Title: Box Office Coordinator
About Us: The Vancouver Pride Society (VPS) produces the annual Vancouver Pride Parade and Sunset Beach Festival, in addition to other annual events. VPS strives to produce inclusive, celebratory events, and advocate for 2SLGBTQAI+ communities through an intersectional lens.
Position: The Box Office Coordinator is a full-time contract position, intended to manage and coordinate ticket sales at multiple events over our 2022 Pride Season. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Setting up registration and ticketing for VPS events, including learning how to use platforms such as: Eventbrite and Showpass, with guidance from senior staff
- Coordinating ticket requests, changes and cancellations
- Determining volunteer needs for box office and creating volunteer postings in consultation with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Coordinate onsite donations collection with the Managing Director
- Working with the Communications Manager to ensure timely opening of event registration and information
- Manage box office volunteers on site and participate in volunteer training sessions
- Act as a main contact for external box office inquiries leading up to and on event sites
- Collating box office reports and attendance counts for ticketed events
- Participate in security and safety planning for each event
- Participate in event debriefing and other season-end reporting
- Liaising with the VPS Volunteer Coordinator, Communications Manager, Partnerships Coordinator, Events
- Coordinators, and Managing Director to ensure seamless event production
- Attending staff meetings
Canada Summer Jobs Program Requirements: This position is pending approval from Canada Summer Jobs and requires candidates meet the following criteria…
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- A valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Strong customer service skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to calmly navigate while in high pressure situations
- Experience with Google Drive and G Suite
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with and motivate volunteers
- Familiarity with 2SLGBTQAI+ communities and associated terminology
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required
- Experience working in a retail environment or the service industry
- Experience working with ticketing systems such as ShowPass and Eventbrite
- Ability to speak additional languages other than English
- Valid BC Driver’s License
Compensation: Compensation is $20.00/hour. This position is 40 hours a week, generally taking place from Mon-Fri during office hours, but requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends for events. This position runs from May 16, 2022 to August 12, 2022
Diversity: Vancouver Pride Society is committed to seeking and sustaining a diverse and inclusive organization and as such, encourages those with diverse backgrounds, abilities, genders, sexual orientations and ethnicities to apply.
Application: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to email@example.com. Please include “Box Office Coordinator” in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is April 1, 2022.