Festival & Parade
Vancouver Pride Scavenger Hunt
What is the Vancouver Pride Scavenger Hunt?
The Vancouver Pride Scavenger Hunt is a game to get your creative juices flowing and help you out of that summer-time withdrawal!
Organize your team of 2-5 players and participate from the comfort of your home. Your team leader will receive a list of challenges… maybe you’ll be fashioning a wig from spaghetti or turning your living room into a scene from Frozen! Complete as many challenges as you can and VPS will award points for each of your submissions.
We’ll be giving away Pride swag bags to the most creative team and some individual BONUS prizes along the way too!
Game Information - Registration now CLOSED
- Game period: 10am Friday October 2nd – 11:59pm Monday October 12th PDT
- 15+ (children welcome with parental permission)
Note that at this time, prizes are only available to those with a Canadian mailing address and participants who are under 15 years old need permission from their Parent or Legal Guardian to play. We will cap registration at 50 teams. Must be 19+ years to qualify to win the Grand Prize.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Challenges will be emailed and listed as text in the body of the email
- All Challenges are optional
- Challenges are varied and include a variety of creative tasks. Some challenges can be delegated to one member to create on behalf of the team, other tasks require participation of the whole team
- Participation is free
- Participants will need an e-mail address, the ability to take photos, record short videos, and have a way to video chat with each other to complete the tasks. The Team Leader will need a Gmail address, the ability to record short videos and take screen shots, and will need to upload them to a shared folder
- Participants do not need Facebook to participate in the event, however we will be posting reminders, tips, and game results predominantly to the VPSH Facebook event page
- Images re-posted by Vancouver Pride will contain image descriptions
- Videos posted by Vancouver Pride will contain closed captioning whenever possible
For any other questions about accessibility, email email@example.com
Instructions on how to win this prize will be made available to registered participants during the game period. You must be 19+ to be eligible for this specific prize, and other Terms apply.
Enter the game for a chance to win!
More than a hotel, Harrison Hot Springs Resort is a basecamp for experiencing the scenic beauty, natural attractions and exhilarating outdoor adventures of Harrison Hot Springs, B.C. Tucked among tranquil gardens on the shoreline of Harrison Lake, our relaxing, pet-friendly resort awaits you with rustic charm, modern amenities, and a classic resort experience. Find comfort and healing from our hot mineral springs pools and enjoy the surrounding beauty. Harrison Hot Springs Resort is where the good life begins, there is nothing quite like it in all of British Columbia.
Need a team?
Individuals who are not able to find a team can email firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, October 1st and we will try to pair them with a team (not guaranteed)
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT PARTICIPANTS RESPECT SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES. IF YOU THINK A CHALLENGE REQUIRES YOU TO BREAK THESE RULES IN ORDER TO COMPLETE IT, YOU NEED TO THINK MORE CREATIVELY.
The spirit of the game is to engage with your teammates on a regular basis, think creatively, and have fun!
This page will not be updated during the game. Reminders, tips and game results will be posted to the Vancouver Pride Scavenger Hunt Facebook Page, and emailed to Team Leaders.
What you missed in Vancouver Pride Scavenger Hunt: Games one and two…