Vancouver Pride Safety Commitment
PRIDE CAN’T BE CANCELLED, ONLY RE-IMAGINED!
Please note, our COVID Safety Plan is dependent on PHOs and will be updated in accordance with any rules and regulations implemented by the provincial government.
As we move into another year of restrictions we will continue to loudly and proudly take up space, while unapologetically being ourselves, and staying safe and socially distant. Although we won’t be gathering like we typically would, Vancouver Pride Society invites you to #ChooseYourPride this summer.
Our team has been busy working on a hybrid plan of virtual and COVID-friendly in-person events for the 2021 Pride festivities. The events will be taking place from July 23–August 1, 2021, with a variety of themes so you can really choose your own Pride adventure.
Our commitment is to ensure the safety of everyone who chooses to attend a Vancouver Pride event this summer. This means upholding our virtual code of conduct and following our COVID Safety Plan. All of our in-person events are contingent on provincial health orders and the results of ongoing community consultation.
Vancouver Pride has been continually monitoring the provincial health guidelines to ensure we can create a safe event experience for all who attend. During the decision making progress we:
- Followed the recommendations and rules put in place by the provincial Government
- Watched the daily positive case statistics
- Considered the comfort and safety of our staff, Board, and Volunteers
- Consulted the community with anonymous surveys
- Listened to those who are being disproportionately affected by the effects of the pandemic
Are you choosing to participate in the Vancouver Pride festivities from the comfort of your home? Here is the link to our virtual schedule.
Virtual Code of Conduct
Vancouver Pride is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for EVERYONE.
- Be ableist, racist or anti-LGBTQ2AIS+,
- Assume things about anyone (sexual orientation, gender identity, pronouns, etc)
- Sell or promote goods & services
- Be positive and accepting at our online events
- Use welcoming and inclusive language
- Respect people’s pronouns
- Be vigilant of messages that solicit donations or payments. All of our events* are FREE to attend online
*The Posh Ball is free or by donation. Some events require a free pre-registration in advance.
Event organizers reserve the right to mute, block, or remove the offender with or without warning for violating any of these rules.
Safety has always been one of our top priorities at Vancouver Pride Events and this year is no different. We are hosting multiple in-person events so you can choose the ones that suit you and your bubble the most. Before attending our in-person events such as VanPrideFest or our Pride Lounges, please take the time to carefully review the following safety protocols we’ve implemented to keep everybody safe.
- Limited capacity: A maximum of 50 guests will be permitted to attend per time slot.
- Tickets and Registration: We have a strict no walk-ups policy this year. To book your tickets, please visit www.vancouverpride.ca/tickets.
- Masks: Guests must wear a mask until they are in their assigned, pre-booked pod of 2-6 people which will be spaced out from other pods.
- Sanitization: High-touch surfaces will be sanitized during the 1-hour sanitization period between time slots. Sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the event site.
- Physical distancing between pods: Guest pod areas will be separate from staff and performer areas ensuring physical distancing between staff, volunteers, attendees, and performers.
What is expected of our attendees?
- Safety Screening: We will be screening all guests prior to them entering the event site which includes a series of questions, a contactless temperature check, hand sanitizer, and recording a phone number for contact tracing purposes. Please note, your personal information will be kept confidential.
- Arriving Together: Groups/bubbles must arrive together. This allows for accurate contact tracing information being recorded and to minimize interactions between staff/volunteers and attendees.
- Leaving the Venue: No “Ins and outs” are being permitted at any Pride events. Once you leave the venue, you will not be permitted to re-enter.
- Masks: Yes, this is the second time we mention them. Masks must be worn by all guests until they are in their pod space. If they need to leave their pod space for any reason (for example to go to the bathroom) they must put on their mask to move around the outdoor venue.
- Minimizing Movement: Guests must remain within their pod space unless they are using the washroom facilities or getting water
- Traffic Control: The event site will have a one way flow with arrows, we expect guests to follow these arrows when moving around the site to avoid crossing paths with other attendees.
Pride Art Walk
Want to participate in Pride on your own schedule? Visit the Pride Art Walk! This self-guided event will be available from July 19th to August 3rd in 5+ downtown locations. Please respect others who are also participating in the Art Walk by:
- Staying 2m apart from others and wearing a mask if you can not
- Attend the event with your bubble or household
- Do not touch or play with the Art
- Follow the Provincial Health Guidelines!
We are very excited for people to attend our events in whatever capacity they feel the safest. We will be diligently monitoring the Provincial Health Guidelines as we head into steps 2 and 3 of the BC Restart plan and will update this page as things progress.
Page last updated June 14, 2021