Teen Pride “Fashion & Face”
- This event has passed.
August 17 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An LGBTQ+ Event for Teens (and their Parents/Guardians).
Come celebrate in a fun, safe environment, meet like-minded humans, make new friends!
Optional: Register and take part in the first Vancouver Teen Pride Fashion Show
About this event
The Perfect Place to Celebrate being YOU
- Come have FUN and meet your people at the 1st Annual Teen Pride Festival & Fashion Show
- Whatever stage you’re at in your personal journey you are welcome here.
- However you identify, or whatever you are exploring, this is a safe space.
- There will be tons of fun things to do, market stalls and a Fashion Show with prizes for those who want to werk it on the runway!
- Experienced counsellors, community resources and LGBTQ+ business owners will be there for you to chat with. You might just make some career connections, or they may inspire you to start your own venture.
- Bullying, hate and all that nonsense will NOT be tolerated – we reserve the right to confine you to the Parent Room if you exhibit any signs of meanness. 🙂
- 4-7pm – Marketplace in The Courtyard
- Information booths by community groups, and market stalls by LGBTQ+ owned or operated businesses. Food & Beverages for sale and sampling.
- Likely there will be some make-up demos, and crystals!
- 5-5.30pm – Talks for Teens in B2 Main Hall
- Inspiring Short Talks that will include community leaders, LGBTQ+ business owners and teens.
- 6-7pm – Fashion Show in B2 Main Hall
- An indoor runway show featuring Teen Attendees with prizes for best dressed (pre-registration is required and costs $5 – this money will go towards prizes).
- 7-9pm – DJ’s and Dancing in B2 Main Hall
- End the day with some killer tunes and dancing, fancy non-alcoholic drinks and small bites for sale and sampling.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS ONLY – please come and hang with your peers.
- 4-9pm – Parent Room in B1 Main Hall (enter at 316 West 5th)
- A safe place for adults to drop-in and connect with each other, learn and drink tea/coffee – we might even give you some snacks 🙂
- Hosted by Tru Wilson and Michelle Renee, LGBTQ+ parents, and community leaders, to give advice and hugs.
- Short film screenings during the day, and fun games with prizes.
- NOTE: Parents are NOT allowed in the Teen areas – this is an event for youth only, and responsible community members will be there to assist them if needed.
- This event is all about giving teens the space to safely socialize, celebrate and learn with their peers Hosted by LGBTQ+ parents and community leaders, to give advice and hugs.