ARTIST CALL: 2021 Pride Art Walk
May 18, 2021
The 2021 Pride Art Walk is a COVID-friendly event organized by the Vancouver Pride Society. In a second year without our familiar Pride events, this curated selection of public art installations throughout Downtown Vancouver is a fun and safe way to be queer and visible. Dress up with your bubble, enjoy the walk, and take fun photos! For more information, see last year’s event: vancouverpride.ca/community-event/pride-art-walk/
This event is a collaboration with VMF Projects.
Guest Curator: Sammi Wei (she/her/hers)
Before submitting an application, please note:
Deadline for applications is on May 30, 2021
- All artists will be compensated if they are selected to participate.
- We do not ask artists to create work for submission. All applicants are considered based on their portfolio of existing work, please provide recent samples of work.
- However, if you do have a specific concept for the Pride Art Walk, feel free to include as much detail as you like in the optional fields.
- Public art experience is not required. We will work with you to adapt and implement your projects for the public space. Each installation will have a footprint of no larger than 15’ x 15’.
- Due to the nature of art being in public space, please note:
- Art must allow visitors to enjoy at a socially safe distance.
- Security is not provided, any valuable components must be securable.
- Art must be weatherproof.
- Art must be enjoyable in both daylight and nighttime.
- Small teams are acceptable as applicants. If you are applying as a team please list your primary contact in the application form, and briefly introduce your team members in the optional field.
- Shortly after submitting your application, check your email for a confirmation of receipt. If you do not receive it, please check your spam folder before re-submitting.
- We thank you in advance for your submission, but we will not be able to respond to everyone who has applied. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted between May 31 – June 4.