Join us for one of the most beautiful and diverse parades in the world. The Vancouver Pride Parade was granted civic status last year in 2013 and is one of the city’s flagship events!
Attracting crowds of more than 650,000, the Pride Parade is renowned on the international stage as one of the largest and most successful LGBTQ events in the world.
Find your place along one of the most beautiful and diverse parade routes in the world! Some of the best spots for viewing include the three MC locations; The Unstoppable Conni Smudge at Safeway on Robson; Caryl Dolinko at Denman Place Mall; and Joan E! at the Boathouse.
Our esteemed panel of judges will observe the parade from The Boathouse and award points based on the appearance, impact, and music of each entry. The general public can vote too, stay-tuned for a link to the webpage.
The Pride Parade Grand Marshals are remarkable individuals who represent an inter-generational perspective on PRIDE, celebrating the people who have shaped its spirit with their passion for equality.
Come prepared for the Parade – Be Sun smart – Wear a shirt, put on a hat, drink water and wear that sunscreen. Bring a toonie for Pride and throw it into the big rainbow flags along the route. Water – It be hot, yo! Go green – Take what you bring, don’t leave trash. Bring water from home in reusable containers
*Route: The parade begins at Robson Street and Thurlow Street, heads west to Denman Street, follows Denman to Pacific Street and Beach Avenue and finishes at Sunset Beach Pride Festival and Market.
Stay Safe at the Parade
- Please stay off road – let marchers come to you to get free swag.
- No spraying water or throwing object at entries. Their costumes and sound equipment is very expensive.
- “Pack it in, pack it out” Use recycling and garbage bins provided around the venue. Help our event become zero impact
- “Plan your Transit route to the Parade” - Parking along the Parade route is extremely limited so leave your car at home and take transit to the Parade.
- Open alcohol is prohibited on streets and parks so leave it at home. Come to the beer garden at Sunset Beach after the Parade and have a toast with us.
- Remember to practice sun safety by wearing a hat, applying sunscreen, and staying hydrated!
- Stay off the Parade route to give floats and marchers lots of room to move.
- Take all pictures from the side of the road.
Be aware of ROAD CLOSURES on Pride Day:
The Parade will begin at 12:00 pm sharp, however, roads in your neighbourhood will be closed from approximately 8:00 am to 4:00 pm for setup and strike of the event.
Please see speciﬁc road closure times below.
Street Section Blocks Closure
Alberni Burrard to Thurlow 1000 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Alberni Bute to Thurlow 1100 7:00 am – 3:00 pm – Local Trafﬁc Only
Robson Burrard to Bute 1000 – 1100 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Thurlow Georgia to Nelson 700 – 900 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Robson Bute to Denman 1100 – 1600 10:00 am – 3:30 pm
Denman Robson to Beach 800 – 1200 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Beach Denman to Jervis 1300 – 1700 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Paciﬁc Jervis to Burrard 1000 – 1200 11:00 am – 5:00 pm