Join us for one of the most beautiful and diverse parades in the world. The Vancouver Pride Parade was granted civic status in 2013 and is one of the city’s flagship events!
Attracting crowds of more than 650,000, the Pride Parade is renowned on the international stage as one of the largest and most successful LGBTQ+ events in the world.
Come prepared for the Parade – Be Sun smart – Wear a shirt, put on a hat, drink water and wear that sunscreen. Bring a toonie for Pride and throw it into the big rainbow flags along the route. Water – It be hot, yo! Go green – Take what you bring, don’t leave trash. Bring water from home in reusable containers!
Stay Safe at the Parade
- Please stay off road – let marchers come to you to get free swag.
- No spraying water or throwing object at entries. Their costumes and sound equipment is very expensive.
- “Pack it in, pack it out” Use recycling and garbage bins provided around the venue. Help our event become zero impact
- “Plan your Transit route to the Parade” - Parking along the Parade route is extremely limited so leave your car at home and take transit to the Parade.
- Open alcohol is prohibited on streets and parks so leave it at home. Come to the beer garden at Sunset Beach after the Parade and have a toast with us.
- Remember to practice sun safety by wearing a hat, applying sunscreen, and staying hydrated!
- Stay off the Parade route to give floats and marchers lots of room to move.
- Take all pictures from the side of the road.
Be aware of ROAD CLOSURES on Pride Day:
The Parade will begin at 12:00 pm sharp, however, roads in your neighbourhood will be closed from approximately 8:00 am to 4:00 pm for setup and strike of the event.