The Vancouver Pride Parade takes place on unceded Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Territories.
Join us for one of the most beautiful and diverse parades in the world. The Vancouver Pride Parade was granted civic status in 2013 and is one of the city’s flagship events! Attracting crowds of more than 650,000, the Pride Parade is renowned on the international stage as one of the largest and most successful LGBTQ2+ events in the world.
Come down for the hottest day Vancouver has all year, but don't forget to bring your sunscreen, hat and water! Temperatures run high on Parade day, so keep out of the sun and stay hydrated!
The 2016 Vancouver Pride Parade Theme is to be determined!
Pride Grand Marshals
Nominate the 2016 Vancouver Pride Grand Marshals now!
This year’s Pride Grand Marshals exemplify what it means to be a community leaders through their individual commitments to inclusiveness and honouring diversity. These remarkable individuals represent an intergenerational and international perspective on Pride and shape its spirit with their passion for equality.
Stay Safe at the Parade
- Please stay off road – let marchers come to you to get free swag.
- No spraying water or throwing object at entries. Their costumes and sound equipment is very expensive.
- Recycle please! Use recycling and garbage bins provided around the venue. Help our event become zero waste!
- "Plan your Transit route to the Parade" - Parking along the Parade route is extremely limited so leave your car at home and take transit to the Parade.
- Open alcohol is prohibited on streets and parks so leave it at home. Come to the beer garden at Sunset Beach after the Parade and have a toast with us.
- Remember to practice sun safety by wearing a hat, applying sunscreen, and staying hydrated!
- Take all pictures from the side of the road please!
Be aware of ROAD CLOSURES on Pride Day:
The Parade will begin at 12:00 pm sharp, however, roads in your neighbourhood will be closed from approximately 8:00 am to 4:00 pm for setup and strike of the event.